Thursday, April 30, 2009

Power Nap

I don’t know what’s happening to me. I feel like I’m doing all I can to just maintain my job and keep the house from falling apart. Or at least keeping people from noticing that the house is falling apart. Or that English could better be taught by someone who does not speak the language.

There’s mold growing on the ceiling in one of the bedrooms. I know I’m supposed to bring myself to look at it and check it out. Investigate the matter somehow. But I’m having the same reaction I would have if the government informed me that Iran had nukes and I personally needed to do something to take care of it. I would put one finger to my mouth, shush them quietly, and go lie down on the couch for a long, serious power nap.

2 comments:

Mullins said...

Joel, get the mold taken care of, man. Take it from me. We just, like last week, finally took care of ours in our kitchen and it was way worse than we thought. What a nightmare, but it's less of one if you actually nip it in the bud. Sorry to hear that. It's super disheartening.

Joel Bergman said...

Thanks for the advice. I will. I first have to figure out how to take care of it with little to no money.