Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Awkward Moments

I’m awake. And it’s almost 11:32 p.m. I’ve been up since five this morning. Somewhere my body skipped over getting tired and now bedtime is a little confusing.

We saw Kuya Rozel off tonight. I know I’m gonna’ miss him. He left us with an oil-tanker-sized Tequila bottle because it was weighing down his luggage to the point that they wouldn’t let him take it on the plane. I got to hold the bottle which ever so slightly eased the pain of seeing him off. Although this latest visit of his has definitely made me realize that we both drink too much. Our stomachs are starting to get that early pregnancy look to them. The dream of always being able to describe my ideal pizza as standing on the crust like the edge of a pool and diving into cheese that I’m able to swim across is beginning to darken.

Yesterday, at church, the service was drawing to an end and people were standing up to share about awkward moments that they’d had with church and other issues they’d been going through. Everything was so quiet around us and as one woman was speaking in a very low tone, Kuya Rozel’s phone started blaring a hard rock Filipino song over its MP3 player. He kept trying to turn it off but the buttons he was frantically pushing were just making it blast louder prompting Kuya to whisper a very loud and audible “Shit!” across the room. Instant classic.

We'll miss ya man. Love ya. Godspeed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This one made me literally burst out laughing. Russel, you should be ashamed of yourself! As Eric said, an awkward moment in the making.