Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Boredom Marathon/ Jury Duty

For the first time in my life, I've joined the ultra-responsible in their proverbial "civic responsibility." I'm waiting for jury selection. They haven't called my name yet and I've been waiting here for six hours!!!!!!!!!

Get a grip. Get a grip.

This is mindless.

We're all waiting in a large room for hours upon hours with very few of us actually wanting to talk to the other person. In the entire one hundred person room, I hear like four people whispering to each other under their breath. The rest of us are staring at books wishing we were somewhere else. I think I found purgatory. I'm trying to keep myself from looking at my watch every sixty seconds but it's torture. It's like time is playing a trick on me.

This is painstaking!

I wonder if any one has ever committed a crime after going stark raving mad while waiting for jury selection. All they would have to do is just transfer me from the sixth floor to the fourth floor where the inmates are being held. They're probably at least talking about something. I want to inform people behind me that there is really no reason to whisper. But I'm a hypocrite. I would whisper too.

Ah ha! Just got a text from my friend Pete. I will investigate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Me again, of COURSE!

Thanks for the laughs, once again. I don't know how you do it. So great.