Saturday, October 24, 2009

Slightly Overdramatic

In the spirit of adding a little variety to my life, I walked down the cracker isle in the supermarket today. I don’t know why I like just reading the labels.

Although 99.9% of the boxes cost way too much and I start whispering the amounts under my breath. I wish we could all be on board with realizing that they are just charging way too much for this stuff. Who is paying four dollars for Chicken in a Biskit? Somebody’s keeping it out of my reach.

I’m avoiding responsibilities by turning to writing my journal right now. My mind and body are refusing to work. We all know what needs to get done. The Id and the Ego are just through with "doing things". Even my Superego is sprawled out on the couch, eyes glued to the TV, with a half-gallon jug of ice cream propped up on his stomach. I'm letting him just zone out for now. The TV's not even on.

There are papers to grade. There is food to cook. But we’ve got nothing left.

I feel like Djimon Honsou in the movie Amistad where he’s stretching his chained hands out from the prisoner’s box and yelling, “Give me free!!!”

This maybe slightly overdramatizes my situation, but you feel how you feel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love that his eyes are glued to the TV and it's not even on. :)

Oh, and I wanna say, Go and splurge on the Chicken in a Biskit! Those suckers are so good.