Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Letters

Trying to simultaneously work through a Christmas letter and not grit my teeth at the same time. Breathe. I cracked out a paragraph that did jokey like Christmas letters do but it was way too cynical of a jokey. Mostly because of the fact that I really don’t want to write a Christmas letter. It seemed funny to me, but I couldn’t get the voices out of my head of all the people that would be reading it and thinking,

“This really doesn’t belong in a Christmas letter.”

So I pulled back and deleted everything I wrote and then I realized that the letter may be a lot harder than I first imagined it would be. Now I’m stuck. The runway is iced over and the plane is gonna’ be grounded for a little while. And the not gritting my teeth is also not really working out.

This is really stressful.

1 comment:

Dale and Judy said...

Glad you got through it.

I loved this line: "The runway is iced over and the plane is gonna’ be grounded for a little while."

P.S. These "word verification" things that you have to type in are so funny. Who sits and figures them out? This one is "mumulate." I get several pictures in my mind with that one :)