Sunday, March 13, 2011

Notes to Interrupt the Ceremony

I’m using a lot more four-letter words in my thoughts lately. There are so many things going on that my mind has stopped trying to keep up with them. The plan B’s are needing plan C’s which are falling back on plan D’s and I think a domino effect may be happening (I just saw the movie Adjustment Bureau so my paranoia radar is working overtime).
But I found out I got a RIF notice on Friday from my school district. This is a reduction in force notice meaning they are needing to reduce the number of people who they are employing usually because of financial reasons and I am one of the people they are needing to cut in order to make that happen. That and Che Che and I are starting on our second full round of in vitro this weekend which is a spiritually, financially, emotionally, physically expensive process that has a massive chance at a simple “no, not gonna’ happen” at the end of it.
So we’re going to spend every single cent of our money on a thing that may not really happen for us any way and we also might have a lot of trouble earning a lot of that back because our jobs may be lost. It seems to be that while our heads are on the chopping block that someone needs to interrupt the beheading ceremony to let us know that our present circumstances may not be the only bad news to focus on.

2 comments:

Sara Carmichael said...

now that's focusing on the postives... hehehe.

Dale and Judy said...

Look up! Because your redemption is definitely drawing nigh! And you are sooo loved.