Saturday, November 1, 2008

Okay. Same day. Same Starbucks. 10 minutes has transpired. I thought I would do something a little more productive but the push to do it just drove me back to the arms of this blogsite. I could lesson plan but the thought of doing something that I've been stressing about all week just throws my mind into revolt. I pretend like I'm weighing the prospects in my mind, "Lesson planning or any thing else... including life-threatening situations."
Richelle just came back to me and has informed me that she has not found any articles yet. This is discouraging because I am wanting to leave this place and I'm starting to realize that the only way I will be able to leave this place is for her to either finish finding the articles or for the library to close and I don't think the library will close because the university cares too much about the welfare of their students for them to close the library on a Saturday night just because I don't want to be here any more. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

5 comments:

Dale and Judy said...

Love it!! love it!! I read both blogs outloud to dad and we just sat here and chuckled. Really good, Joel! KEEP IT UP! I've gotta warn ya, it's addictive.

Joel Bergman said...

I know it's addictive. I've already started to feel it. It's good for me. I really need something to get me back into the process. So this is a Godsend.

Joel Bergman said...

I know it's addictive. I've already started to feel it. It's good for me. I really need something to get me back into the process. So this is a Godsend.

Unknown said...

Hey Joel!

Yay! You're finally out here in blogland. Love your writing style. I can see traces of Lamott in your underlying tone. Love it. Too funny. Love the part about throwing yourself from a slow-moving vehicle. Made me roll!

Also, since I still know your login and password (cause I created them for ya :), I went in and deleted the first post (which was mine). Thought you might appreciate not having your sister all over every little detail.

Another thing -- if you want me to change anything, so long as you don't change the password, you can e-mail me, and I can change it, or I can step you through how to change it (like your profile, for instance -- very ME and not so much YOU in the style of it). I can walk you through it via e-mail, or you can e-mail me the words you want, and I can add it for ya.

Okay. And also, if I'm going to read you, you have to promise to at least occasionally read me! :)

www.saracarmichael.blogspot.com

Can't WAIT to read more!!

Dale and Judy said...

Dad and I are both WIDE awake. Dad -- since 12:00 a.m. and me since 2:00 a.m. Since I can't sleep I thought I'd check to see if you'd written anything else. Nope. Just wanted you to know I'm checkin' :) Love ya.