Friday, November 28, 2008

Sleepless Torture

12:23 A.M. I would normally be sleeping right now, but after a day of constant eating, drinking and social stimulation, my body has suddenly become confused.

It started to beg me for sleep around 9 or 10 P.M. But I wasn’t through with chatting people up and/or watching movies. And now my body is daring itself to try to stay awake far into the night.

This makes me wonder how I might respond to this form of torture if I were ever caught by enemy combatants and they forced me to stay awake for a long time. Not that they would have to bother. I think I would cave much easier than that. Just the suggestion of torture would make me spill my guts- I’d be pointing at the other prisoners and trying to get them in trouble. “He was the one. Yeah him. The guy with the slightly panicked look there.”

No comments: