Saturday, December 20, 2008

More Boring Than Usual- Don't Read This Unless You Have Absolutely Nothing Else To Do With Your Life

I’m writing through a barrage of Christmas music that Richelle is demanding that we play every available free minute of the Christmas season. It’s times like these that I realize how I used to take silence for granted. It was a thing to avoid. Such a mistake. I could’ve used that time. I could’ve read books and written things endlessly! Now my thoughts are wading through pools of “Silent Night” and “Joy to the World”. I am learning to tune things out though. Ahhhh!! The CD just ended. Hoping she doesn’t notice.

Wishful thinking. She just announced that she’s going to finish watching the movie Hancock. She has a tendency to list to me the things she’s going to be doing in the next hour or so with frequent updates if changes ever need to be made.

“I’m going to watch finish the movie now while I’m folding the laundry, okay?”

I nod. Very good mum.

We got to clean today. The house was in shambles after the four months of neglect we sent it through while we faithfully applied ourselves to our teaching jobs. What are shambles? Does any one know? I’m assuming it’s not a good thing since people only use it in a negative context.

I even cleaned off my computer keyboard which had somehow collected a whole smorgasborg of sticky flavorful somethings; don’t ask me what. And I cleaned off the desk which had collected a massive pile of books and papers and bills. There are times when I think about just taking the entire pile of bills and just dumping them in the trash. See what'll happen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved the part about "what are shambles anyway?" Too funny!