Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Pain of Losing Something Meaningless

I had my planner stolen from me tonight. At least, I think I may have had my planner stolen from me tonight. It was a little bit confusing. My planner is full of information that’s only useful to myself- like dates and schedules and meaningless stuff.
So I didn’t feel that it was very necessary to guard it with my life.

I was at the freezer section in Walmart wanting to hunt down one single Stouffers Philly Cheese Steak and I realized walking with a cart was a little bit more laborious than I needed it to be at that moment; some people seem to have a professional gift at taking forever making their choice and standing in people’s way as they’re doing it. So I thought I’d just go solo for a couple minutes and see if I could complete my mission a lot faster that way- maybe fake left and roll right like a football play.

But when I got back to where my cart was, the whole thing was gone. I was speechless. I was a bit dumbfounded looking down every aisle as though I were a parent who had just lost a problematic child to kidnapping but wasn’t quite sure why any one would actually want that child.

2 comments:

Dale and Judy said...

Aww -- that's so frustrating. You'd think there would be a few things in this world that would be safe. Did you report it to someone? Although finding someone who would really care would be the challenge. Sorry, Joel. I care -- if that's any help at all :(

Unknown said...

Love the comparison to having lost a really naughty child...like anyone would want them. A little gruesome, but funny.

Sorry about the loss, though. Ouch?